Vampire Energy Can Make You Pay More
We've been having problems with vampires lately. Not the vampires that suck blood but vampires who suck electrical energy. We have lost $3 billion worth of energy because of vampire energy, that's 5% of the United States energy. That's enough energy to power the country of Italy for a whole year! Vampire energy is defined as the electric power consumed by electronic appliances while they are switched off or in a standby mode; also called standby power This problem can easily be solved and there are many ways to control the situation.
- Un-plug unused devices, chargers, coffee makers, toasters, microwaves, etc.
- Use surge protectors that have an on/off switch, and turn off when not in use for extended periods of time.
- When you leave on a trip unplug appliances that don't need to be working.
- Buy energy smart devices
- Turn-off game consoles instead of leaving it paused for a long period of time.
- Put your computer on sleep mode or turn off completely when not in use.
These are some ways that you can stop vampire energy and hopefully save some money when doing it. For more energy tips visit www.munciesanitary.org