Thanksgiving is right around the corner which means spending time with your family and having a great meal, but when you are finished with your meal what will you do with the leftover food, cans, and plastic containers that your food came in. Most people will just simply throw it into the garbage and not think about whether it can be recycled. In fact, during this holiday season household waste goes up by 25% which can add 1 million tons of trash into our landfills.
Here are some recycling tips to help you during Thanksgiving.
1. Reduce the amount of waste you have by buying products that can be recycled.
2. Carry reusable bags when you are shopping for Thanksgiving food. Some businesses even give you bag credits for using your own bags.
3. Use cloth napkins that can be washed and used again.
4. Recycle all your used paper, plastics, glass, tin, steel and aluminium containers in your blue bag.
5. You can also compost your leftover Thanksgiving fruit and vegetable trimmings.