Thanksgiving is over, which means Christmas is right around the corner. It’s time to get the wrapping paper out to wrap gifts, and time to mail out your Christmas cards to your loved ones. After Christmas is over, what will you do with all the ripped wrapping paper and the ripped envelopes that hold Christmas cards? Nearly 1.5 billion cards are sent over the holiday season in the U.S., which takes 300,000 trees to make all those cards. Also during Christmas people are putting lights up all over there homes, which takes a lot of energy to run. During the holiday’s people use more than 2.2 million megawatts an hour which is enough electricity to power 173,000 homes. Here are some holiday tips on how to recycle and be more environmentally friendly this Holiday.
1. Use newspaper for wrapping paper.
2. Unplug or turn off holiday lights during the day. Use a timer!
3. Replant a tree if use a live tree.
4. Reuse old gift bags you have gotten over the years.
5. Do you have any you would like to share? Please let us know!