- Customers of the Muncie Sanitary District must use Toters provided by the MSD for disposing of household trash. Most customers utilize 96 gallon TotersAll of your trash must be bagged, securely fastened and placed inside your Toter with the lid closed.
- Toters are to be placed at the curb by 7am on your trash day and returned to your property by 7pm the same day.
- Toters must be 2 feet clear of any obstruction (telephone poles, mailboxes, cars, etc) If multiple Toters are used, please allow 2 feet in between Toters with the arrows on the lids facing the street.
- All bulk items (furniture, tree limbs, appliances) must also be placed at the curb. Please be sure these items are unobstructed from mailboxes, telephone poles and over head power lines. Bulk items are collected by a secondary truck on your regular trash day.
- We do not pick up bags or boxes on the ground.
- If your Toter or bulk item was not accessable you will be notified via a green missed trash sticker on the item indicating why the item was not collected. If an item is tagged please address the issue promptly to ensure the item is collected the next week.
- Toters are the property of the Muncie Sanitary District. Customers are responsible for their Toter. If a Toter is damaged by no fault of the resident it will be repaired or replaced at no charge. If you need to request a new toter, replacement toter, or need a new lid please call our Sanitation Department at 765-747-4865.
(PDF)Toter Do's And Don't's:
Items to place in your Toter
- Bagged household waste.
- All blue bag recycables.
- Small quantities of bagged yard waste. The MSD encourages the use of mulching mowers.
- Broken down cardboard boxes.
Items not to place in your Toter
- Hazardous Household Waste and materials banned from a landfill (motor oil, paint, etc).
- Construction Material.
- Large quantities of animal waste.
- Human Waste.
- Dead Animals.